Scans for the Month

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dream*Catcher

June 1st 2011
today i spent all my time after i got off work making a dream-catcher out of materials from my forest-like backyard. with hemp rope from an art supplies store. 
I took a vine that had curled its way up a patch of tree's and took it with permission from the vine. there was two small leaves on it still. 
I twisted the vine into a circle and picked some coal from our burn pile from last year. 
Next i went to the furthest part of our property and saw there was bamboo growing. I saws a dried up piece that turned white and broke long ago, i picked that up and took it with me.
Finally i hiked to the biggest tree on our lot. I't had to have been 200+ years old before it died.  It might have died from a fungus or lightning strike but we don't know. I walked up to it through thick follige now, and reached out as close as i could get to it. I peeled of some bark, and thanked it.

as i walked back i knew i had enough.

I wrapped some hemp string around it and began weaving it together. earlier today i looked up pictures on how to make one.  
After that i attached the two small bits of bark, the bamboo, and a dried up flower from the garden and i had made my very own dream-catcher. 
(-_-)



bad photo quality, size wise my hand can fit comfortably in the center without touching the rim.

the whole time i was weaving this i was quietly chanting...

..nahm..
..manume..
..to'..
..set..


I see the grandfather with wrinkled leather skin close his eyes and nod his head.
he sits tall and has seen much, so knowing he approves is an honor.
I asked him last night what can i do for the better of our planet?
what can i do for him??

I learned i would help greatly just by taking care of nature like she does to us. to pick up trash if see it on the ground, to smile at plants and wish them strong healthy lives. 

So today i did that, and i made us a dream-catcher from my corn-mother and the father universe.
and this echoes into the www






Thanks for reading and help out mother nature, she loves you <3
T.he one eyedk. Owl -_-
<3 

1 comment:

please speak!!